We invite you to apply to the 4th African-Space Generation Workshop (AF-SGW 2021) taking place in Accra, Ghana on 25th – 26th February 2021 organized by the Space Generation Advisory Council.
Important Note: Depending on the COVID-19 situation, the event could be fully virtual.
- 1st of October: Applications opened
1st of November13th November: 23:59 GMT applications closed 15th of November24th November: Announcement of selected application and registration opened 30th of November8th December: Registration for first application round closed 10th of December15th December: Registration closed for applicants on the waiting list
Applications will be evaluated based on your motivation to attend the AF-SGW 2021, ability to contribute to the event, depth of experience, passion for space, and gender equality.
Successful applicants will receive an email with further instructions, as well as information on how to pay for registration.
Note: The 4th AF-SGW will host a special Q&A platform with the African Space Agencies Directors. Additionally, there will be a pre-online webinar session to introduce delegates on the topics to be discussed by the various working groups. This date will be communicated to delegates by December.
Applicants must be:
- A member of SGAC
- Students or young professional between the age of 18 to 35 as of 26th February 2021
NB: Females applications are highly encouraged and proof of academic enrolment may be requested for students.
How to Apply?
Applications for the 4th African Space Generation Workshop are Open:
- You must be an SGAC member to access the registration form.
- Registration for SGAC membership is free.
- If you are not an SGAC member, register here.
- If you are already an SGAC member and have problems completing specific fields (e.g. date of birth, nationality, and many more). During registration, try updating your SGAC profile first
- If you have any other issues relating to registration, contact us at email@example.com
- The deadline for applications of the 4th AF-SGW is 1st November 2020.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by 15th November 2020.
2021 AF-SGW Registration Fees
|Students Ticket*||$20 USD or 115.39 GHS|
|Young Professionals Ticket**||$40 USD or 230.78 GHS|
- Accepted delegates will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link to proceed with the fee payment
*including 2 lunches, 4 coffee breaks and 1 dinner.
(To apply you must be logged in as a SGAC member; join here)
The African Space Generation Workshop Ticket covers:
- Entry to the 2021 African Space Generation Workshop on 25th – 26th February 2021
- Delegate Welcome Pack and materials, including sponsored “swag”
- On-site Catering: Including Coffee breaks & Lunch
- AF-SGW International Night (Day 1)
- Entry to Opening Ceremony Dinner (Day 1) and AF-SGW Gala Dinner (Day 2)
For any questions related to Delegates please contact:
Delegate Selection Process:
- October 1st – November 1st 23: 59 GMT: Apply online by completing this form (you must be logged in as a SGAC member).
- November 2nd – November 14th: SGAC review your application.
- November 15th: SGAC will inform you of the outcome of the selection process. If your application is selected, you will receive a confirmation email with more details on how to secure your ticket.
- November 15th – 29th: Registration period. If you have been selected you should register at AF-SGW following the instructions. If you do not register during this period, you may lose your spot at AF-SGW to delegates on the waiting list.
- After November 29th, candidates on the waiting list will be given the possibility to register.
- Registration closes on the 10th of December 2020.
(Please note that above-mentioned timeline and the event itself may be changed later on depending on the COVID-19 situation)
Call for applications to the Africa Space Leader Award!
The African Space Leader Award aims to recognise SGAC members for their contributions to the space field in the SGAC region of Africa as well as to provide opportunities to talented individuals to attend the 4th African Space Generation Workshop (AF-SGW) on the 25th February – 26th February 2021 to be held in Accra, Ghana.
This award will cover round trip travel costs up to 500 dollars (USD) to attend the African Space Generation Workshop via economy airfare, accommodation, and visa costs for 4 awardees.