FROM: THE NUGS NATIONAL SECRETARIAT
TO: SRC PRESIDENTS; LOCAL NUGS PRESIDENTS; DEANS OF
STUDENT AFFAIRS/ INSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS RESPONSIBLE FOR
TOPIC: 2020/21 NON-RESIDENTIAL CONGRESS
1. I bring you warm greetings from the National Secretariat of the National Union of Ghana Students (hereafter referred to as the Union). This memorandum comes to officially remind you that the 2020/21 Congress of the Union shall take place on Monday, May 3, 2021 at the Madina Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), located at the Lakeside Estate, Ashaley Botwe, Accra. Proceedings begin at 9AM prompt. Consequently, as an institutional member of the National Union of Ghana Students, the Union is again reminding your institution to make payment of its subscription dues to the Union for the 2020/21 academic year, as well as pay the capitation for your delegates to Congress.
2.As per Article 13 (l) (i) of the Constitution of the Union, only institutions that
have fulfilled their financial obligations to the Union; i.e. dues and capitation, can
partake in the proceedings of Congress and the election of new leaders.
3. As previously decided by Congress, an institution shall pay annual subscription
dues of GHS 1.00 for each student of the institution. Therefore, if an institution
has, say, 13,450 students, the institution shall make payment of GHS 13,450.00 as
subscription dues to the Union.
4. Capitation for Congress is GHS 100.00 per delegate/ accredited observer from
an institution. Institutions are to make payment of GHS 100.00 each for the total
number of delegates/ observers they are presenting to Congress.
5. Institutions are to pay their annual dues subscription and capitation for delegates into the
Union’s bank account with the following details:
Account Name: NATIONAL UNION OF GHANA STUDENTS
Account Number: 1161130000887
Bank/ Branch: GCB BANK, BOUNDARY ROAD
6. No cheque will be accepted on the day of Congress. Institutions are therefore to make the
payments now to be able to participate in the proceedings of Congress. Institutions will be
required to present their receipts to the Secretary for Finance and President for endorsement
before being allowed to partake.
7. All enquiries as regards the dues and capitation should be channeled to the Secretary for
Finance of the Union, Mr. Peter Darkwah, whose contact number is 0547701440.
8. Schools that have not submitted their delegates lists should do so with immediate effect
before the publishing of the Delegates/Voters Register on Thursday, April 29, 2021. No
school that has not been published in the Delegates/Voters Register is legally permitted to
vote. The lists should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Any other enquiry may be forwarded to the General Secretary via the email address
.10. I appreciate your attention.
DIVINE EDEM KWADZODEH
Deans of Student Affairs/
Institutional Officers Responsible for Student Affairs
Local NUGS Presidents